- 98% entrapped air
- Supporting the environment
- No CFC’s used in the manufacturing process
- No site wastage – using all off-cuts as added insulation
- Reducing home and business energy costs
- Vermin retardent
- Added fire retardant will not support combustion
- Design flexibility
- Full range of coloured finishes and styles
- Exceptional thermal qualities
- Acoustic values
- Reinforced with 160g/m2 fibreglass mesh for high impact strength
NRG Greenboard™ is an Insulated Wall Panel that combines exterior cladding with insulation so designers can achieve the 6-star energy ratings that have been introduced into the building code. NRG Greenboard insulated core of high quality expanded polystyrene, positions the NRG Greenboard cladding insulation options from 1.92 R to 3.96 R. Creating an exterior dual cladding system, as a thermal exterior building envelope.
- BAL29 – NRG Greenboard has passed extensive fire testing procedures (in accordance with AS1530.8.1-2007)
- NRG Greenboard remains inert, is non-toxic, odour free and nonbiodegradable
- No CFC’s or HCFC’s foam agents are used in its manufacture, so
NRG Greenboard™ causes no damage to the ozone layer
- Effective installation of NRG Greenboard™ can cut carbon dioxide emissions by up to 50%
- The R-value of NRG Greenboard does not deteriorate during its lifetime; therefore the reduction in emissions lasts the full lifetime of the building
- The energy used to manufacture NRG Greenboard is recovered within six months by the energy saved in the building in which NRG Greenboard is installed
- Typically, for every kg of oil used in NRG Greenboard manufacturing, about 200kg will be saved in reduced heating demands
- All NRG Greenboard waste is recycled, through installation of off-cuts in the wall cavity or it can be granulated and mixed with virgin material
- 10 years NRG warranty from the date of purchase*
Thermal Rating for Greenboard Wall System
What is an R–value?
All insulation materials are rated for their performance in restricting heat transfer. This is expressed as an R–value which is the measure of material’s resistance heat transfer (Thermal Resistance). The higher the R–value, the greater the insulating effects.
External Air Firm
|0.03 R||0.03 R||0.03 R||0.03 R|
|0.02 R||0.02 R||0.02 R||0.02 R|
|1.04 R||1.56 R||1.95 R||2.60 R|
Breather Sisalation Wrap
|0.48 R||0.48 R||0.48 R||0.48 R|
|0.17 R||0.17 R||0.17 R||0.17 R|
10mm Plaster Board
|0.06 R||0.06 R||0.06 R||0.06 R|
Internal Air Film
|0.12 R||0.12 R||0.12 R||0.12 R|
BAL—29 is primarily concerned with the protection of your building from ember attack and burning debris ignited by windborne embers and radiant heat up to and including 29 kW/m2.
Laboratory Sound Reduction Testing of 100mm NRG Greenboard Wall System
140061-01-F03 (rev 0) Acoustic Laboratory Test Report
- External polymer modified render 3.5mm thick (1.8-2.0g/cm3).
- 100mm thick Greenboard (19kg/m3) screw fixed to the frame. Sheets adhered together with Soudal Strong as Nails with all joints and the perimeter acoustically sealed.
- Sisalation between the Greenboard and frame.
- Frame consisting of 75mm x 35mm timber studs at 450mm centres.
- 75mm thick glass wool insulation (14kg/m3) between the studs.
- 10mm plasterboard (6.5kg/m2) with all joints finished and the perimeter acoustically sealed.
AS1191: 2002 Acoustics – Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Insulation of Building Elements AS/NZS ISO 717: 2004 Acoustics – Rating of Sound Insulation in Buildings and Building Elements – Part 1: Airborne Sound Insulation
Test Date & Time
18th August 2016 from 4:32 pm
Acran Acoustic Testing Facility Cnr. Fulcrum & Bundara Streets Richlands Q4077
The test facility consists of a source room and receiver room designed in accordance with AS1191: 1985 Acoustics – Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Insulation of Building Elements as follows:
Independent construction for the source and receiver room.
Parallelepiped source and receiver rooms with rooms dimensions ratios of 1.6:1.3:1.
95m3 and 170m3 for the source and receiver rooms respectively.
The aperture is lined with a timber reveal with the sample area being 3.095m and 3.085m.
Temperature – 20 °C, Humidity – 63%
- Precision Sound Level Meter: NTI XL2 TA, S/N: A2A-06756-E0
- Acoustical Calibrator: Pulsar 105, S/N: 63710
- ASD Cable
- Sound Sources: JBL powered speakers/pink noise
Our Mission… We strive for excellence in the identification, procuring and provision of innovative, sustainable building products that outperform generic brands and offer superior value.
Email us with your project plans, so we can guide you through our collection of technical data, scientific journals and manuals.
We will send you a link to download all the files you need.
3/19 Moreton Bay Road
Capalaba, QLD 4157
Phone: 07 3268 3066